Tuesday, 04 November 2008

I'm still here


It has been an extremely long while since I’ve posted anything on my blog and there are many reasons why though none of them on their own a huge factor. Up until recently I’ve been really busy with work, getting out our annual publication, this one has been a lot of work, mainly because we’ve changed the name and a few other things on it, but overall I’m really happy with the final printed product. As a designer you always get a great feeling of accomplishment when you hold something you designed and created as a finished piece.

So what else has been up?? Just the usual run of life and the ebb and flow, with a couple happenstances – my lovely lady is away in Madagascar with a research group doing research on the white collard brown lemur, she’s there for just over 3 months, though she’s already worked a month and a half of that, so I’ve been missing her loads.
Then my very good friend and drummer for our band recently immigrated to Majorca, which has also been a shift in life, while myself and my brother are going to continue on with the band he’s been busy with studies so we haven’t really worked on much recently.

So I’ve been caught up in life and my thoughts and reflections, much is changing in the world at the moment, a global recession that has seemed to have stabilized but which has thrown many people into a state of chaos, I’m sure it’s not over yet but emotions seemed to have calmed people have seemed to accept it and readied themselves to weather the storm. My message to anyone out there who is feeling the pressure and the stress of the current world situation, is to look within and take stock of where and who you are you may not be able to afford many of the items you’d like to or believe you need, but if it were all to collapse inside of you there is a strength to survive and make it through. Don’t let the stress of financial wealth get you down, look to the wealth of love you have with your friends and loved ones and realize that is far more valuable than financial wealth could ever be.

No comments: