Friday, 16 October 2009

Off to play some Music

I’m off in a bit to go and set up and get ready for the bands gig tonight, it’s been a couple weeks since the last one , and then this gig is also different in that it’s basically a pub gig – which means we’ll be doing a lot more covers and playing for longer.

It’s nice and sometimes nerve racking at the same time, because you’ve got to entertain the crowd for a longer period and we haven’t’ done some of these covers before (as a band). That being said though pub gigs can be a lot of fun, you’ve got more time to interact with the audience and if the crowds good you enjoy playing so much more. I haven’t played for three hours or more for a while, so I’m expecting my fingers to be pretty tired at the end of it all.

The Bands been coming up with the beginnings of some really cool new songs too, they just need a bit of refinement and some lyrics added but once they’re done I’m really looking forward to get them out there.
There’s something about playing a new song to the audience, I guess it’s what’s being a song writer is all about, sharing your songs… I’m going to have to go into writing songs on another post, there’s a lot that goes into it and a lot you get out.

Anyway just sharing my thoughts for the day.

Liam out.

No comments: