Wednesday, 28 February 2007

Favourite Songwriters No.1



I’ve been listening to music while working, then suddenly one of my favourite "Counting Crows" songs came on, "Goodnight Elizabeth" - The main reason I love this band so much is that Adam Duritz the singer songwriter, is definitely one of the poets of his generation. He conveys so much emotion so beautifully in so few words. So I thought I’d Start Listing some of my top Lyricists, here’s the first.

"I was wasted in the afternoon, waiting on a train, I woke up in pieces and Elizabeth had disappeared again, well I wish you were inside of me I hope that you’re okay, I hope you’re resting quietly I just wanted to say - Good Goodnight Elizabeth goodnight Elizabeth goodnight...
.....If you wrap yourself in daffodils - well I’ll wrap myself in pain and ooh if you’re the queen of California then baby I am the king of the Rain"

No comments: