Monday, 20 August 2007

The weekend

I may be getting old, but it doesn’t mean I can stay out dancing Until 5 in the morning – it just means I‘ll only be surfacing from bed at about 5 in the afternoon.
I went out to Red Door with Caroline on Friday evening and we met up with a couple of here friends there, it was a good evening, and as Always Jamie was playing good alternative music and fortunately a fair amount of stuff from my generation that I could rock out to and know the words when I was lip sinking along (as you do – while playing the air guitar – and just totally making a fool of yourself). During the ‘course of the evening Jamie’s voice came across the speakers to announce that Sean from Seether was in the house and had requested to play a set the following night – so it seemed our Saturday night plans were set.
We continued to dance and grab our breaths and some liquid refreshment from time to time, until about close to three in the Morning, then Joe climbed in my Car with Caroline and myself and we proceeded to Joe’s to drop him at home – shortly after this I got a call on my phone from Kyle to announce that he was at the Red Door and where were we. We managed to convince ourselves to go and join him for a short while, seeing as it was on the way home.
It was during this period that I decided to approach Jamie and offer my services to open for Sean the following evening (which was in fact that evening) not really giving much thought to the fact that it was already after 4am and I might have a little trouble getting myself up and prepared for such a task that night.
In the end I didn’t go, though it was a last minute decision and one (seeing how tired I was) I don’t regret – so I didn’t open for Sean (was hoping for my big break – he he he)
, or watch him (if he played) there are rumors he didn’t pitch (much like me) – but I definitely can’t confirm them, I can confirm he was there the night before, when I made plans I had to break.
The reason I did – well Mom’s friend from Kenya is out with her family including two boys – one of whose birthday was being celebrated, and so instead of pushing aside my weariness and going out to play like a rock Star would, I decided I’d far rather spend my evening comfortable at home eating Ice cream cake and chips.
Sunday was much as you'd imagine, ntothing to energetic being done. We had a sit down Brunch with our Kenyan friends and the Family - then the folks and Jeremy whicked them down to Durban for the evening to put them on an early plane - and while Caroline fished off an assignment, I spent most the rest of the day sprawled outy on the couch with my face buried in a Novel... there still are advantages of not being a student anymore.

6 comments:

noodle said...

Oooh, drunken promises. Both you and sean left quite a crowd waiting on saturday night…

liam said...

I only found out last nite he didn't pitch, and I feel really bad now I didn't end up going - not that I could have apeased the crowd seeing as he wasn't there...

Anonymous said...

Dont feel bad.Jamie probly didnt even remember u sayin u'd b ther.I'm sure another chance -if not an even better 1!- 2make ur break will come ur way soon. Sjoe Hun! I got alot of mention! i feel famous!

liam said...

You are Famous, Aren't you that Girl that was in the Background doing stuff at the enviro quiz that was on 50/50?

Anonymous said...

Naaa - that was sum other wack-chick. I'm only famous by association! its tuff, fighting all the other girls off u!

liam said...

Heh heh... Hardly