Tuesday, 22 May 2007

Winter


A few days ago, it seemed summer was reluctant to leave, getting cooler, but still getting fairly warm during the day, now it seems winters just barged in and taken over – over night, I woke this morning with stalactites hanging from my nose – well not really – but it was a real feat of will power to get myself out that bed.
Even though it’s cold I still do like cold days (not constantly) – you tend to feel more energized and alert, less likely to drift off while working. Then you’ve got all the things that you can do and use the weather as an excuse to do them, like lying in bed reading or getting all cozy under a blanket while you watch a movie, sipping on some hot drink… oohh Gluewine, or mulled wine, mmmmm. The rubbish thing about winter is trying to get up in the morning, and that’s about my only downside, I don’t mind being cold, I’ll just put on more clothes.

7 comments:

noodle said...

winter has kinda snuck up on us hey? we have had some fabulous weekend weather and now BAM!

liam said...

Bam! s'right - did u check the snow they had in Plett of all places - Ill mail you some pic's

Sara said...

haha, now I'm in spring/summer ;oP I totally have read this Calvin & Hobbes snippet before.

liam said...

You can't beat Calvin & Hobbes!
Though cold winter/autumn here can still be temperater at times.

Anonymous said...

That's the great thing bout this country,province and town - u gotta xpect the unexpected! It could be back up to 30degrees again next week!

Sara said...

I still don't know what that translates to in Farenheit :o)

liam said...

30 deg celcuis is 86 deg faherenheit I googled a converter, you can copy the url below and it'll take you there
http://www.scorpiosite69.freeserve.co.uk/temperature.htm

Ja the weather here does chop and change on us alot though, I think we're now in the full swing of winter, I had to getr the Ice off the car this morning.