Thursday, 01 March 2007

Favourite Cartoon No.3



One of my favourite Cartoons since I was a kid was Asterix, I ended up building a huge collection of them as a boy. I’m not exactly sure what the appeal of it is, it was never as fall down funny as "Calvin & Hobbes" but you could still laugh at it. Maybe it was the fact that it was a full story in each book, but then I was reading normal books from an early age, so it couldn’t be just that.
I think looking at the way the pictures were drawn and the story was laid out, that it was the way the strips drew you into the cartoon, firstly giving you a broad look at the whole scene and all the small things happening on the side, before focusing on the story at hand. It is like that from scene to scene in each story - much like a detailed story board for a movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this s cooooooooooooooooool

Erica said...

J'adore Asterix le Gaulois