Friday, 02 March 2007

Life


Hmmm okay... So as per noodle’s suggestion, I’ve been filling my blog so far with cartoons & music, so here’s a life entry. After all the blog is called "toons, music & life".
I guess the best way I could describe the way I feel about my life at the moment is like breaking the surface after a deep submersion. Which while positive leaves you in the position where you still need to swim to shore and you’re not exactly sure which way it is.
I’ve never been the kind of person that plans their life and know’s without a doubt where they’re going, I live in the moment and the day and try to fulfil my purpose in that moment, (even if it’s having a beer while watching the rugby). Though when you get older you do start worrying about your security, have you got your basic needs covered? You look at yourself now and think "Is this where I wanted to be 10 years ago?".
I primarily leave my Destiny in God’s hands, because ultimately I can’t control life and the world I live in.
There are so many things affecting the world at large that I have absolutely no power on my own to change, there are some things that humans can change but only together as one.
Global warming is here and affecting our world, in South Africa it’s supposed to be the start of Autumn but it’s over 30 degrees outside and has been for the last two weeks.
World Poverty is rife on all the contents, there are children parentless due to Aids.
Probably the worst of all is that Violence is tearing us apart, it’s breeding fear of one another in our hearts - one way to guarantee the human race doesn’t co-operate.
There are people out there who make it their life’s work to help and try and change all of these situations, but not everyone can do this, for life to continue most of us need to plug away at our everyday jobs. We can’t use that as an excuse not to do anything though, we still have a voice and a mind, we can question and expose those in power and we can back up those helping the impoverished.
The hardest thing to accept is that even with these ideals, I find it hard to live life everyday by my own standards, I try though and that’s the important part, a lot of the time I block out the harsh parts of the world out there with Cartoons and Music.
Having said all of this the world isn’t a horrible place filled with toxic gasses and corrupt politicians, it is a beautiful place and you can see it when you look out you’re window, if you can see the sky or a bird, or even if all you see is a weed forcing it’s way through the concrete jungle surrounding you. You can see it a strangers smile of welcome, children’s laughter as they play and you can feel it in the embrace of loved ones and friends.
That beauty can never be destroyed.

2 comments:

noodle said...

A nice bit of soul searching there dude.

liam said...

It Helps every now and then to express yourself, thanks van.