Monday, 12 March 2007

My Weekend

It started my weekend with wild excitement at the end of work on Friday, - okay maybe not wild excitement, but I’m pretty sure a smile managed to sneak it’s way onto my face. Friday was pretty uneventful, we had some shopping we needed to get done down in PMB, so I had dinner with My family at the mall I was pretty starving by then, so the special the Butcher block had on their 300g Rump washed down with a cold beer went down a treat.
Saturday had me awake with a slight raw nervous feeling, I had to go and put down the rough guitar and Vocal tracks for the album the Band are working on. It was just a rough take on a few of the songs, so I didn’t see any reason why I should be feeling any nerves at all, I told my stomach as much , then it ordered me to go and feed it.
As it was the recording was uneventful and everything went fine, and by the time I left The recording studio in the afternoon, I had a CD with no less than 7 tracks on it.
Feeling very proud of myself, I rushed to meet up with my brother and a couple of friends to catch the kickoff of the Sharks Rugby game against the Cheetahs (sorry non sports fans), which I’m happy to say my team won.
Where I thought the evening would round itself off, at the Music at the Forgotten Falls, the rounding off only started there.
There was some great local talent playing, and then at the end they managed to get myself and my brother up there to do a couple songs - not much arm twisting on thier part , very few musicians will turn down an offer to play in front of an appreciative audience.
It was all fine and dandy still we enjoyed playing and they enjoyed the music, the problem came when we invited half the people there back to our place to end off the night.
Well we ended off the night and made a solid start to the following morning as well before we managed to drag our sorry bodies to bed at 4 in the morning. It was a good evening and you don’t always get to fall asleep to the songs of the early morning birds, but needless to say not much happened on Sunday.

2 comments:

noodle said...

quite the rugby fan…

liam said...

What can I say, I'm a South African guy, some things are pre-determined, actually not that I would want to be classified as a typical male South African...
How things going down in Durbs Van? looks like you had one hectic Storm there last night, we just caught the fringes of it.